The Friends International Complaints Policy
Friends International (FI) views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person(s) that has made the complaint. We aim to give our best experience to our volunteers so if you have a complaint about us or any feedback, we will want to hear about it and we will do our best to put it right.
Our guiding principles:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To make known the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To use complaints constructively in the planning and improvement of our ministry.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
People and responsibilities
Our nominated Complaints Co-ordinator will work with the person who made a complaint and any staff member involved. Their aim is to ensure that the situation is solved promptly and to the satisfaction of all parties.
The FI directors have overall responsibility for ensuring that complaints from volunteers and other observations are handled appropriately.
FI will keep a record of each complaint and outcomes for two years from the date of the complaint. We welcome all feedback as well, good and bad. We are always trying to improve what we do.
This information will not be passed on to anyone outside of FI. It is our aim to do our best to resolve any complaints as soon as we can. If you have any questions or wish to add information concerning your complaint, please contact the Complaints Co-ordinator at: [email protected]
Making a complaint
You can contact us in whichever way is more convenient for you:
- By phone: Please call on 01920 460006 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Outside of these hours you can always leave us a message and a contact number and we will return your call.
- By email: [email protected]
- By post: The Rowan Centre, Easneye House, Ware, Herts, SG12 8LX
Friends International will not normally investigate anonymous complaints.
To ensure we deal with your complaint promptly and accurately you need to let us know:
- As much information as possible – what the problem is and how it happened including times, dates, events and people involved.
- How it has affected you.
- What you consider should be done.
When responding to complaints, confidential information in relation to your complaint will be handled sensitively.
- We will listen and record your complaint and advise you how it will be handled.
- We will investigate.
- We will take action to resolve the problem and tell you what the action is.
- We will take steps to avoid a repeat occurrence.